- Complete the undergraduate application online: admissions.rutgers.edu.
- Pay the $65 application fee online or by mail.
- Current high school students must complete and submit the online Self Reported Academic Record (SRAR).
Submit official high school transcripts/examination results.
- Transcript must be official, original document or a certified copy.
- Transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translator and must arrive on the professional letterhead of the translator.
Submit official transcripts from any college or universities attended.
- All records must be official, original documents or certified true copies.
- Documents not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translator.
Submit proof of English proficiency if your high school is in a country where English is not the principal language. Rutgers-Camden accepts the following as proof of English proficiency from its international applicants.
- TOEFL: 550 PBT/ 79 IBT
- IELTS: 6
- MELAB: 82
- Successfully completing ELS Language Center’s intensive English for Academic Purposes Level 112. To learn more about this program, start dates, and how to apply, visit: ELS.edu/Philadelphia-Camden.
- Grade of B or better in a college level English composition course at an accredited US college.
SAT/ACT test scores are required if your native language is English, if you are currently attending high school in the US or attending an accredited American school outside the U.S., or if you wish to be considered for a merit scholarship.
- Scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to Rutgers.
- Please note the following: Unofficial test scores cannot be accepted. When requesting your scores, use our SAT code of 2765 or our ACT code of 2592. The ACT score must include the writing component.
Financial documentation is not required until you are admitted. Upon admission, F-1 visa applicants must submit an International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) and an official, original bank letter or statement on bank letterhead stating the amount of funds available in US dollars that will be used to sponsor you.
- The ISFS and all supporting documents must be signed and dated no more than nine months prior to the semester that you are applying for admission. You will be asked for updated funding information if required.
- Bank statements must be originals or faxed directly from the financial institution showing a minimum of $47,000.00 U.S.D in support of the ISFS.
Mail application materials to:
Office of University Undergraduate Admissions
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
65 Davidson Road - Room 202
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854-8097
Applicants who do not meet the English proficiency requirement for Rutgers-Camden may apply for conditional admission. In order to qualify for conditional admission, students must apply to Rutgers University-Camden and be academically admissible. If a student is conditionally admitted, the student may satisfy their English proficiency requirements by either successfully completing ELS or achieving requisite scores on the TOEFL or IELTS exam. English language and entrance examinations (if required) must be fulfilled in order for a student to enroll in an undergraduate degree program at Rutgers-Camden.